Call now for a FREE Consultation (801)558-2527

Special Needs Concerns

Only You Can Protect Your Child With a Disability

We make it easy.

My daughter with Down Syndrome is an adult, but she will always need a legal Guardian. My adult nephew with Autism needs a Conservator. They both require a Special Needs Trust.

Because I am a lawyer none of this poses a problem for my family.

However, what is uncomplicated and obvious to me is neither straightforward nor obvious for you. In fact, for many Utah families whose children have disabilities, preparing the legal foundation for their children’s future welfare seems like a mountain.

Your primary concern for your child’s future comfort & security can be expressed as follows ─ Can you continue to protect and nurture your child with a disability (adult or minor) after you are gone? The answer is yes but only if you develop a formal plan without delay.

The number one issue facing Americans is health care. Most persons with disabilities are provided health care through Medicaid. They also receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to help with food and shelter.

However, if you fail to act, your child with a disability will likely lose these benefits. If you are wise, not only can you protect these benefits, additionally you could easily provide the quality of life your child deserves after you are gone.

Again, you must develop a formal plan without delay if you are the parent of a minor child or adult child with a disability. Without such a plan you put your child at unnecessary risk.

I urge you in the strongest possible terms to research and consider a legal document known as a Special Needs Trust, also called a Supplemental Needs Trust.


The sooner you call me the better. I can move you quickly through the process to help secure your piece of mind. I will help to make it convenient, simple and affordable.

What types of disabilities require a Special Needs Trust?   Autism, Down Syndrome, Blindness and other Visual Impairments, Deafness, Brain Injury, Severe Physical Disability, Mental Illness, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, or any disability that will entitle your child to SSI and medicaid.

I can imagine very few circumstances where you and your child will not benefit from a Special Needs Trust.

In truth, no other legal instrument will give you the peace of mind you seek with regards to the future of your child with disabilities and their protection.


The Living Trust

Greg Hawkins established a Revocable Family Trust for my wife and me. He explained it clearly and answered all my questions before proceeding with the necessary paperwork….Our confidence in [Greg’s] abilities to do family trusts is high. We recommend him to all our friends.
Dennis and Sharon, Riverton

We commissioned Greg Hawkins to help us formulate the family revocable trust. We also asked him to help my mother, Charlotte, with her revocable trust. Since that time he has made himself available at a moment’s notice when we needed him. We recommend Greg as one who has great legal expertise.
Brent & Karen, Salt Lake City


10714 S Jordan Gateway, Ste 100
South Jordan, UT 84095
801.558.2527 (Direct)
801.261.5199 (Fax)

Request more information